Projects specifying NUDURA icf blocks provide much greater potential for saving valuable environmental
resources, reducing energy consumption and C02 emissions, two major factors facing today’s commercial and residential buildings. NUDURA is proud to contribute to the LEED program for both Canada and the United States. To see a list of how the NUDURA ICF Block System can contribute to the LEED program refer to the related links on this page.
Today's buildings demand reliable, robust, high thermal performance building envelopes that provide maximum energy-efficiency, prevent heat loss and eliminate thermal bridging, all of which, NUDURA icf blocks can deliver. These performance criteria are key factors in minimizing energy running costs, while maximizing property value for building owners.
It is vital that the correct insulation systems and materials are specified at the design stage to ensure that thermal performance is maintained throughout the lifetime of the building. Additionally, high performance icf block building envelopes can reduce annual running costs by as much as 70% in conjunction with other high performance products included through the building design. NUDURA ICF Wall System HIGHLIGHTS
: RECYCLED MATERIALS
- NUDURA ICF block systems are manufactured from EPS. NUDURA’s unique DURAFOLD Technology web design is manufactured from 100% recycled polypropylene and steel. BUILDING DURABILITY
– NUDURA ICF Blocks offer a structure built out of Concrete, one of the most durable and energy efficient building materials, resulting in buildings that stand the test of time. Building with NUDURA also offers maximum safety in high wind areas due to its high impact resistance. WASTE REDUCTION
– NUDURA offers unique technological ICF Block design which create less waste during the construction process, sending less waste to our landfills. *All waste is 100% recyclable MOLD RESISTANT
- NUDURA Forms have been laboratory tested and will not support mould growth. ENERGY PERFORMANCE
- NUDURA® ICF Blocks significantly reduce the amount of carbon emissions, due to the structures high energy efficiency levels, reducing the amount of fossil fuels needed for heating and cooling reducing your carbon footprint.
IMPROVED INDOOR AIR QUALITY
– NUDURA eliminates air gaps, minimizing the potential formation of mold growth and draft paths. The end result is an airtight structure that enables building mechanical systems to heat, cool and ventilate the icf block structure more efficiently, creating a healthier living and working environment for building occupants