NUDURA Open Positions
Nudura – The leader of Manufactured Insulated Concrete Forms (ICF), the simple path to a better built environment, is currently looking for an experienced, motivated, and determined individual. If you want to affect change in the way our world is built, then come join our team as a Maintenance Technician.
Assists in the inspections and repairs of plant equipment, machinery, systems, and infrastructure including, but not limited to, mechanical, welding, millwright, electrical, instrumentation and controls, and material fabrication.
- Assists in identifying and procuring outside contractors to support plant maintenance
- Recommends critical spare parts inventory to minimize downtime including searching the internet for parts/suppliers and establishing relationships as required.
- Assists in the maintenance of master records of maintenance activities including, but not limited to scheduling and clearing Preventive Maintenance activities including inputting any notes as applicable, and inputting equipment and system information, parts numbers, suppliers/contacts, repair notes, etc.
- Maintains the maintenance shop in a clean, orderly and safe manner.
- Maintains and operates all tools in a clean, orderly and safe manner.
- Follows all plant safety requirements including, but not limited to, lockout tag out and confined space procedures.
- Provides support to office area with regards to minor repairs, i.e. lights, etc.
- Reports and repairs any health and safety or environmental hazards to Maintenance Manager.
- Assists with the production process, as needed.
- Identifies and records any problems relating to the process that affects the product or quality of our system.
- Recommends and implements process improvements that positively affect quality.
- Works as a collaborative and productive member of the Nudura team.
- Participates on the Safety Committee.
- Performs other related duties as required, requested or assigned.
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES:
The successful candidate is expected to be a high-energy, creative and resourceful self-starter, highly enthusiastic with a commitment to excellence. The candidate must be results-oriented: A candidate who possesses the ability to take actions and implement effective solutions in a timely manner. In addition, he/she should possess the following competencies:
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English fluently in order to understand and follow directions as given, prepare reports, etc.
- Able to interpret plans, specifications, schematics, assembly/disassembly instructions, and operation and maintenance manuals.
- Possess a basic understanding of all required trades including electrical, instrumentation and controls, mechanical, welding, millwright, and material fabrication.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills with a customer service orientation.
- Ability to meet the company’s attendance and punctuality standards.
- Ability to use common tools.
- Works timely, independently and in a team environment, with minimal supervision.
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING, AND EDUCATION
- High school diploma or equivalent, required, trade school experience or associate’s degree in mechanical engineering, preferred but not required.
- 0 to 1 years’ experience working in a manufacturing environment is preferred however, consideration will be given to individuals with no experience who have completed relevant technical training from an accredited trade school.
PROFESSIONAL AND LEGAL STANDARDS
- Models the values and expectations of 168 - integrity, responsible entrepreneurship,
commitment, and moral courage.
- Demonstrates accepted ethical and professional business behavior.
Completes and maintains all required training. Reports suspected violations including those of a business associate.
Adheres to all OSHA safety standards and reports hazards appropriately.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- This position works in an environment in which safety, environmental and health concerns may demand constant attention.
- The facility environment can reach extreme heat and cold with no HVAC system to moderate in the changing seasons
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to read/comprehend written and oral instructions in English, including safety rules, operating procedures, product specifications, material identification, and write to accurately complete all documentation.
- Alessio machines are above the minimum but below the maximum decimal level, earplugs are available if an employee chooses.
- Must be able to sit, stand, bend, stoop, kneel, climb, squat, reach, grab, pull, push and lift items that can weigh from 25-50 pounds.
- This position requires good soled shoes, as the floor may at times become slippery when wet
- Performing the duties of the job, the employee has frequently exposed to both the production floor which may contain fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud with constant interruptions and frequent discussions/conversations with staff regarding schedules and needs.
- This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday. The standard workday schedule is set by the Plant Manager with two shift options (day and evening).
- The job may require overtime due to seasonal demands
We thank you for your interest in our position! Only those applicants that respond to our pre-qualifying questions and who are selected for interviews will be contacted