NUDURA Open Positions
NUDURA – The leader of Manufactured Insulated Concrete Forms (ICF), the simple path to a better built environment, is currently looking for an experienced, motivated, and determined individual. If you want to affect change in the way our world is built, then come join our team as a Production Supervisor!
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To assure the consistent achievement of the production schedule safely and effectively within budget and to assure the on-time delivery of quality product to our customers. Assure all standard work for Adjusters/Team Leaders and all production, warehouse and purchasing personnel is followed routinely and effectively. Establish and/or maintain inventory control practices and procedures to assure an accurate supply of raw materials is maintained and accurate record keeping of production operations occurs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: “Production Supervisor”
- Directs daily operations of the production team, schedule and process for maximum efficiency.
- Advises management of potential equipment or facilities concerns and/or failures which may directly affect quality, productivity or safety.
- Assists plant manager/supervisor with reports (daily/monthly production reports) and assumes plant manager/supervisor responsibilities in his/her absence.
- Assists in identifying and procuring outside contractors to support plant maintenance programs i.e. equipment installations, modifications or emergency repairs.
- Works with plant manager/supervisor and maintenance to coordinate equipment repairs around production schedules.
- Coordinates production schedules and manpower requirements for shipping department.
- Ensure that sufficient parts and supplies are on hand to meet all production needs
- Ensures incoming raw materials are tested and approved prior to use.
- Implements and maintains cost management strategies including waste pick-up haul charges, etc.
- Develops and implements processes that will maximize stewardship, safety, quality and productivity.
- Assist in the development of new quotes and the development of capital planning and equipment selection for manufacturing improvements by providing consultation relative to difficulty of running parts, plant flow, and product/process/labor needs or costs.
- Oversee the daily production/tier 2 meetings to assure action items are assigned and carried out to remove any obstacles to achieving the planned schedule
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: “EHS”
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of standard operating procedures for manufacturing
- Assists in the evaluation process of company-wide safety management and hazard prevention programs and procedures to ensure a safe workplace for all employees, contractors and visitors.
- Promotes, and assists in the implementation of a proactive and environmentally safety focused culture throughout the organization.
- Identify and recommend PPE and equipment using corporate preferred vendors to management when necessary.
- Assists in driving awareness and accountability for EH&S performance through all levels of the organization.
- Compiles and analyzes associated injury safety statistics and completes EHS and client record keeping requirements for the Columbus location.
- Collaborates with Legal and HR departments as required to monitor enforcement of standards and regulations and review any current issues, e.g. multiple incident employees and discipline.
- Assist in the coordination of worker safety training programs, investigates and recommends courses of action for on-the-job accidents, analyzing potential worker safety risks in a facility and assists in implementing measures to mitigate them, and facilitating required government safety inspections.
- Coordinates and conducts site accident prevention and safety training programs involving work site safety practices, fire prevention, and correct handling techniques for building materials, chemicals, toxins, equipment, and other materials.
- Identifies and evaluates critical gaps in compliance or findings from incidence reports and collaborates with EHS Manager, site leadership, and insurance risk management services to develop and implement corrective measures and provide expertise in the inspection, analysis, audit and investigation of our environmental and safety practices
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Assist Plant Manager in the planning for CAPEX reporting.
- Assist with inventory count when required as directed by Head Office.
- Ensures cross-training across the production department.
- Identifies, records, prioritizes and ensures resolution to problems related to product, process, or quality through designated channels.
- Initiates action to prevent the occurrence of any non-conformities relating to product, process, and quality system.
- Be on call for emergencies with security monitoring company.
- Performs production duties and support work for other areas of manufacturing as needed
- Performs other related duties as required, requested or assigned.
- High school or equivalent required
- Associate degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Engineering, Manufacturing or similar field
- Four to ten years related experience and/or training
- Bachelor’s Degree with 2 years’ experience in a supervisory or management capacity within a manufacturing environment is required.
- Experience with make to order processes, shipping, and managing costs to a budget is preferred.
- Knowledge of ERP systems (SAP) strongly preferred
- Demonstrated experience coaching and developing
- Knowledge of business and management principles preferred
- Knowledge of Material Resource Planning (MRP) and scheduling systems is a plus
We thank you for your interest in our position! Only those applicants that respond to our pre-qualifying questions and who are selected for interviews will be contacted